Monday, May 29th 2017
Project must align within one or more of the Canadian Sport 4 Life’s (CS4L) 3 stages of development:
Active Start (Age 0-6)
FUNdamentals (Boys 6-9 Girls 6-8)
Learn to Train (Boys 9-12 Girls 8-11)
*AND if you are a sports organization your project must be in accordance with your National Sport Organization or Provincial Sport Organization’s program guidelines.
Grants will only be provided to organizations who support the communities within the following boundary.
Recipients of grants must be qualified donees under the Income Tax Act, essentially, registered charities or municipalities or government.
- If a potential donee (i.e. community project) is not a registered charity, the Foundation may make a grant to a sponsor which is a registered charity or qualified donee provided:
- The sponsor must have direct affiliation with the organization.
- Funding must be used within one year of acceptance otherwise funds will be revoked and applicant must reapply for funding.
- A Final Project report must be submitted 60 days following the conclusion of your program.
The Gordon and Greyson Zubyck Memorial Fund prioritizes projects based on the following criteria:
- Promotion of Long Term Athlete Development – LTAD
- Age Appropriate Physical Activities for Children
- Increase Accessibility for Children to Participate
- Develop Mentoring and Coaching Leadership
- Share Our Vision
The following organizations or criteria DO NOT meet our mandate:
- For profit organizations
Starting in 2017, the Selection Committee will review applications once per year on May 31st. It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure data represented in the application is current and relevant to the fund request.
Donations could range from $500 to $5,000 per application
All applicants will be notified within a month of deadline if their project has been awarded funding.